About Susan Harrow
I find the joy of Blue Heaven in the eyes of my favorite children, the warm words of friends, and the hearts of people of great spirit around the globe. I like to keep the wheel of life in motion and move forward as I juggle the elements of the profound and the mundane.
I live in Whitefish, Montana, where summer light elongates our days and the glaciers in our nearby national park stay snowy until July.
Many years in the Treasure State have expanded my experiences way beyond waiting on tables in New York City. Over the years I've searched for spiritual truth, searched for myself and found great reward in helping others.
In addition to Photography and Writing, here's a little bit of my experience:
- Business owner and manager of a restaurant and general store
- Chief cook and bottle washer of the same
- Organizer, problem-solver, using simple feng shui principles to declutter and revitalize homes and offices
- Caring for kids, running a preschool, therapeutic aide for children and teens with mental and emotional challenges
- Food Service manager for large seminars and conferences, in the kitchen and in the woods
- CASA Volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocates): we advocate for the child in court in cases of abuse and neglect
- Survivor of candida and what I call The No Diet — wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free eating, and the 80/20 maintenance program
- Assisting others with their special dietary needs, including shopping and cooking tasty meals
- Respite care provider for families (i.e. send mom and dad on a date)
I have also dabbled in watercolors, painted furniture and beaded jewelry while caring of children, and following my own trail of creativity and inspiration.
I am fascinated by intuition, mountaintops, rocks, crystals, politics and strawberry whipped cream cake.
For more about Susan, read her Destination Home
, The No Diet